Thursday, March 7, 2019

I will never be good enough, so He was good enough for me.


While we were still sinners Christ died for us. The idea that Jesus would die, to redeem us from sin, even while we were still in sin, is beyond human understanding. He gave His life in divine exchange so that I might live.

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I often think of the Sunday morning that I rededicated my life to Jesus Christ. I was seventeen years old, broken and filled with anger. There seemed to be a precedence that had been set for my life. My biological father had spent most of his life running from one thing to the other. It seemed as if were headed in the same direction. I longed for stability and a since of accomplishment that could only be found in Jesus Christ. The morning of my encounter with Jesus did not start pretty. It was one filled with anger and rage just an hour before my young wife was to go to church, without me as usual. Somehow that morning, I ended up at church with her. It was a day divinely appointed by God. If I were to return to that little church, I believe I could take you to the spot where the old me was left behind forever. In my office today on my desk is a little laminated card from my Pastor that serves as a reminder of the day that Jesus invaded my life and set me free from the bondage's of sin. My heart sings tonight that old song from my childhood, "Oh how I love Jesus, Oh how I loves Jesus, Oh how I love Jesus because He first loved me. 

All of these, twenty six, years later I walk into the pulpit on Sunday morning looking out for that young man that God has afforded me the opportunity to love. What a honor to know that His blood still redeems, and His grace still saves. If you are reading this, and don't know Christ, I invite you to know Him. He loves you when no one else can, or will. He knew you before you were ever formed in your mothers womb, and He cares for you, so much that, He gave His life so you might be free.  

Titus 3:5 
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

We will never be good enough, so He was good enough for us. 


Prayer: Jesus I am a sinner. I believe in your love and mercy. Forgive me Lord. Wash me in your blood and change me forever. I lay down my life and ask you to save me. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and I will serve you all of my days. Amen

www.mountaingap.church

No comments:

Post a Comment

RefTagger